on this post I wanted to be tell explore the ideas about the law of attraction and why it does not work in the way that is commonly taught. Many of you will know this having tried to create events using affirmations etc so if you have explored the ideas around the law of attraction and found them wanting, this post may help you.
The more I work with these ideas in my own development the more I realise there are fundemental issues with the common approaches to the law of attraction and in all honesty the common aproaches can actually lead to more stress in a person’s life than before they uncovered the idea of the law of attraction: there can be a feeling of being left high and dry with only part of the puzzle uncovered and workable.
So here I would like to help you understand why a different approach will be beneficial to you.
The question I would ask is why do you want to create something else in your life other than you have now? The answer is obvious, because you are not happy and you think you need something else, more money, health, a better relationship, a new relationship, what ever it is will make you happy. However the fundemental issue here is this: the reason that you do not have what you want is that you are not happy with yourself NOW…and until you accept your perfection, beauty, grace, intelligence and love you will NEVER have what you want, the law of attraction will not work for you.
The issue is that most have got these ideas the wrong way around: you must love yourself, your life and reality first, then your life will naturally be filled with events and experiences that you will enjoy. Do you see how this is different?
The key to having whatever you want in your life is to stop wanting and to accept the perfection of where you are right now and in doing that you stop the grasping and build a better relationship between yourself and your reality. The law of attraction tells us that you get what you focus on and the issue here is that knowing about the law of attraction without accepting the perfection of where you are right now, without accepting your own goodness and the goodnes of reality means that your efforts are doomed to failure and greater frustrations.
My advice then right now is to STOP trying to create anything. Just stop and take a week to re-asses your approach if it has not been working for you. If you find yourself frustated then stop. Then try this:
1. Learn to stay present in the moment, just commit to this practice and learn to appreciate your perfection and the perfection of your life right now in each moment: feel how it feels to be you and allow those feelings to deepen if you can.
2. Slow down as much as you can and relax: forget about the future and the past: forget trying to create anything: savour the moment.
3. Become more aware of your feelings and thoughts as they arise in the moment and learn to accept them and explore them. Become interested in who you are and why you are feeling and thinking: ask yourself who is the thinking these thoughts?
4. Accept the goodness and beauty, the perfection and wisdom of reality and then accept yourself fullyand completely and part of that goodness and beauty, the perfection and wisdom that is you.
5. Recognise yourself and reality is one: if you think reality,spirit,god or whatever you want to call it is wonderful, inteligent, loving, kind, passionate, alive, compassionate and exists at depths of beauty beyond your imagination, then accept these as descriptions of yourself and feel what that means to you.
In stopping trying to create anything you accept everything and in doing that you can learn to understand and accept your own deserving and wonderful nature. The more you do that the more reality will fill your life with abundance and beauty, bringing what you want the most: a deep and satisfying sense of your own nature that has roots from the deepest parts of reality.
Please comment if you have anything to add, I would love to hear what you think,
enjoy, relax and be present